Rudraksha Mala - Things You Should Know
About Rudraksha Mala
Before understanding what is Rudraksha mala, first you have to understand what Rudraksha's are.
If you want to know what Rudraksha's are you can visit our previous blog "Rudraksha - All You Need To Know"
Rudraksha Mala is a combination of Indonesian or Nepali Rudraksha Beads strings, knotted in a row.
Rudraksha mala has a special belief in Hinduism, Jainism and Buddhism. they uses Rudraksha mala for so many purposes such as religious, Health, Spiritual, Chanting etc.
Although Rudraksha mala can be made of different Rudraksha's but Nepali and Indonesian Rudraksha mala's are most commonly used.
Nepali Rudraksha mala's are more powerful then any other rudraksha mala in the world.
Not everyone can bear the energy of Nepali Rudraksha mala, that's why we have an alternate option in the form of Indonesian mala.
Nepali Rudraksha beads mala are generally made in 54 or 32 Rudraksha beads, by making a mala of 108 beads the mala can be long and might touch your knees because the size of Nepali beads are commonly bigger.
The length of Indonesian 108 beads mala is not very long because of it's small bead size.
Types of Rudraksha Mala
As we discussed above there are 2 types of Rudraksha mala's which are commonly used in market.
Indonesian(Java) Rudraksha beads mala or Nepali Rudraksha beads mala.
We still have subcategories under these 2 types of mala.
In Indonesia 2 to 14 mukhi mala, Gauri-Shankar mala, Ganesha mala & Siddha Mala is commonly used but in Nepali 4 to 10 mukhi mala is commonly used, above and below 4 to 10 mukhi are very powerful and can make some wearer uncomfortable.
Every Rudraksha mala associates with different god and provides different results to it's wearers.
2 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Ardha Nareshwar.
3 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Agni Dev and Tri-murti.
4 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Brahma.
5 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Shiva himself.
6 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Kartikey.
7 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Goddess Lakshmi.
8 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Ganesha.
9 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Nav Devi.
10 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Vishnu.
11 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Lord Hanumana.
12 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Surya Dev.
13 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Kaamdev.
14 Mukhi Rudraksha mala associated with Lord Hanumana.
How Rudraksha mala Works?
Rudraksha mala works the same way Rudraksha does.
Feeling is emotion and emotion is energy(your emotion can be positive or negative & the same energy you will reflect) so it's really important to feel good & positive about your Rudraksha mala.
Everything in this world or outside the world is made up of energy that is vibrating at a certain frequency. Rudraksha mala beads are filled with certain patterns which are vibrating at a certain frequencies, different mukhi Rudraksha mala emits different frequencies and these different Rudraksha mala frequencies matches exactly with the frequency of 9 planets(Nav Graha).
When you chant a mala 108 times, you program your subconscious mind to get what you want. let's say i chant "OM Namah Shivaay" 108 times that means i am programming my subconscious mind with "Om Namah Shivaay"
A lot of people chant mala for materialistic things, they chant like I am Rich, I am Happy, I am Confident, I am Prosperous etc and since they are programming their subconscious for such things, they actually get those things in reality.
Benefits of Rudraksha Mala.
- Chanting a Rudraksha mala 108 times gives you a tremendous amount of positive energy and mental health.
- Rudraksha mala burns all the negative energy, evil eye from your surroundings and blessed you with a successful & positive life.
- Rudraksha mala fills it's wearer with the knowledge, in both conscious and subconscious levels.
- Rudraksha mala blessed a person with sharp intellect and deep mediation practice.
- This mala also brings new opportunities to create wealth.
- Rudraksha mala fills person with positivity and makes him feel positive all the time.
- Anyone who wear's Rudraksha mala does not face any obstacle's in his/her path.
- Rudraksha mala is best for those people who always afraid of ghosts or negative energy.
- Rudraksha mala reduces the malefic effects of planet's from horoscope.
- With Rudraksha mala you can program your subconscious mind for anything in life, all you have to do is to chant your affirmation 108 times to program your mind.
Who can wear Rudraksha mala?
Rudraksha mala is a lord Shiva's offering to humans and anyone can wear this offering. it doesn't matter weather he/she is male, female, from different relegion, different culture, from other cast, children, adult etc it's for all.
How to Purify Rudraksha mala?
First of all chose the auspicious day to wear the Rudraksha mala, or you can wear it on Monday.
After that kindly follow the below mentioned rituals-
- The first step is to wash the Rudraksha mala Kindly use the holy water of river gang or you can use the milk.
- After washing, apply the paste of the sandalwood on it.
- Offer the diya or dhoop or incense to the rudraksha mala.
- Offer flower to the rudraksha mala. Usually white or red.
- At the end, keep the rudraksh mala on shivling or make it touch with shiva's picture and chant the mantra "OM NAMAH SHIVAAY" at least for 108 times.
- After this you can wear the rudraksha mala or you can keep it at the Pooja place accordingly.
When to Wear & When Not to Wear Rudraksha Mala?
You can wear the Rudraksha mala all the time. Even at the time of shower but only one thing to keep in mind not to use chemical soap over it. just go with plain cold water.
Rudraksha mala is hot in nature. Some people just can't wear it. Their skin shows sign of allergy. So better not to use, Keeps the beads in Puja room and offer daily Namaskars to them.
Do not use neck mala as japa mala or interchangeably because purpose of each and every is different.
Rudraksha mala should never ever be carried to the cremation and funeral ground. Even during the birth of new born or where new baby is born the rudraksha mala should be avoided there as well.
One should never wear the Rudraksha mala while having intercourse.
It you're on long tour and are not be ready to wear them for an extended period keep them in air tight container and boxes. Note that beads tend to go in slumber mode if not worn out for a period of about one week, Then they need regular weaning for an additional one week to awaken again.
Now you might have understood how important it is to believe, feel good & positive about your Rudraksha mala because a negative feeling can change your emotion, and a negative emotion will change the energy, hence the frequency will change automatically.